Please be aware that there is a travel advisory for guests traveling from currently high impacted areas. Per Government Orders: To control the spread of COVID-19 in Connecticut, all travelers who have spent 24 hours or longer in one of the Affected States within 14 days prior to arriving in Connecticut and who are staying in Connecticut for more than 24 hours are required to (1) complete the “Connecticut Travel Health Form” and (2) self-quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of last contact with an Affected State or for the duration of the traveler’s stay in Connecticut, whichever is shorter.
If you are unsure if your state is on this list or have any questions about traveling in CT, what may be open, or ways to visit safely please visit read here about our current Government Orders.
What We Are Doing
While cleanliness has always been our utmost priority, we understand that it is of more importance than ever during these times. In order to do our best to ensure a safe stay we are following all CDC, State, and Federal guidelines.
- Employees are required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to keep our team and our guests safe.
- Employees are subject to temperature checks before starting their shift.
- Employees will practice good hand hygiene including wearing gloves when appropriate and frequent handwashing of 20 seconds or more.
- Common areas will be cleaned and sanitized multiple time throughout the day using EPA approved chemicals which fight the Covid-19 virus.
- Proper social distancing is to be maintained during person-to-person conversations and in all common areas including hallways and porches.
Some Changes You May Notice
In Your Guestroom:
- We have removed paper items that are unable to be sanitized, ornamental furnishings (i.e. throw pillows) from your guestroom.
- Hand Sanitizer has been added to your guestroom amenities.
- Housekeeping will only enter to clean during your stay if requested. If you require cleaning during your visit please call the Front Desk to make this request. Per State guidelines any employee is prohibited from entering an occupied guestroom, therefore we do ask that you vacate the guestroom if Housekeeping or Maintenance is required.
We are offering a nearly contactless check-in. With your permission, we will charge your Credit Card on file the morning of your arrival and send you your invoice. Upon arrival at the property, our Front Desk staff will check you in by our back or front lobby entrance door. We will not need to swipe your card, just present your card and ID for our agents to see. Your key will then be re-sanitized and passed along to you.
For contactless check, out simply call or text our Front Desk to let us know you are departing. Leave your keys in your guestroom, and we will email your invoice!
- Coffee, tea, water, and other complimentary “help yourself” items have been removed for guest and employee safety
- Public restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized several times daily.
- We ask that only one member of your party enter the lobby if necessary.
How You Can Help
- Please practice social distancing in all common areas including halls, lobby, and porches.
- Wear your mask when in common areas and outdoors when social distancing is not possible.
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Out of respect for our staff, patrons, and guests, we will continue to require the use of masks and social distancing regardless of one’s vaccination status. We are continuing to monitor guidance from the CDC and local health officials and will continue to put the health and safety of our team members and our guests first and foremost.
- Reschedule your stay if you are experiencing any symptoms, have recently traveled out of the country, or have come in contact with someone suffering from Covid-19. While we would love to welcome you to Mystic, we do ask that any guests who may be at risk from Covid-19 reschedule their stay until a more proper time.