The Whaler's Inn
Hospitality Positions Available
Current job openings for positions are listed here, however, we are always looking for hospitality professionals with an enthusiasm for exceptional customer service.
To apply in person visit us at 20 East Main Street, Mystic CT. Alternatively, you can submit your resume herecreate new email, download our applicationopens PDF file , or contact Human Resources by phone!
Scroll down for Food and Beverage opportunities at The Shipwright’s Daughter.
Full and Part Time
Work in a team-oriented atmosphere at the top-rated hotel in Mystic where cleanliness is of utmost importance. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail and the ability to work independently. Experience required for full and part-time positions. Ability to work weekends required.
Job Requirements include the following:
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds on a consistent basis
- Multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment in a team atmosphere
- Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs and stand for long periods of time
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all guestroom and common areas are cleaned and organized to company standards
- Dust and polish furniture and fixtures
- Clean and sanitize toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and an
- Make beds and changing linens
- Wash windows and other glass surfaces
- Vacuum and cleaning carpets and rugs
- Sweeping/vacuuming and mopping floors
- Sort, wash, load, and unload laundry
- Empty trash receptacles and dispose of waste
Competitive Pay and an exceptional work environment. PTO offered for all positions. Benefits for full-time positions include life, health, dental and vision insurance. Pay Range: $12.00 – $13.00 per hour
Front Desk Associate
Full or Part Time Available
The ideal candidate has at least 1 year of hotel customer service experience and an outgoing yet professional demeanor. Our team members enjoy a fun and rewarding job experience at our growing property.
Job Requirements (include but are not limited to):
- Ability to work independently
- Superior Customer Service skills and friendly outgoing demeanor
- Multitasking capabilities
- Computer skills – Word, Excel, and Internet
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and thorough follow-through
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of the Mystic area preferred but not required
Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Assist guests with check-in/check-out
- Process reservations via phone and internet
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience
- Create curated trips and sell appropriate experiences depending on guest needs
- Maintain lobby and office areas
- Other duties as assigned
If you are interested in joining our growing team please reply with your resume!
Competitive Pay and an exceptional work environment. PTO offered for all positions. Benefits for full-time positions include life, health, dental and vision insurance. Pay: $13.50 per hour.
Food and Beverage Positions Available
Join Chef David Standridge on the team of The Shipwright’s Daughter, a new fine dining restaurant in Downtown Mystic. To apply in person visit us at 20 East Main Street, Mystic CT.
Experienced Line Cooks / Jr. Sous Chefs
Join Chef David Standridge on the team of The Shipwright’s Daughter, a new fine dining restaurant in Downtown Mystic.
For Culinary Positions: Candidates should have prior experience as a line cook in an upscale environment, culinary school background is preferred, but not required. Our menu will be collaborative, and ever-changing with a focus on local produce, and seafood. All levels of cooks and chefs will be expected to take part in the creative process, in our newly built modern kitchen.
Open availability a must, all shifts available. Full and Part-time positions available.
$500 Line Cook Signing Bonus after completion of 90 days.
Competitive Pay and an exceptional work environment. PTO offered for all positions. Benefits for full-time positions include life, health, dental and vision insurance.